WHAT IS DIRECTORY SUBMISSION & HOW TO MAKE IT
A directory is a collection of websites that are categorized. Directory submission can boost a website's visibility and search engine rating. The process of adding a site to a directory is known as directory submission. This is done to get the website indexed by search engines and to increase the website's exposure and traffic.
Directory submission is the process of submitting your website URL and online data to a directory under a certain category. You may also improve your link-building efforts in this way. It is an off-page component that will aid in the optimization of your website. You may submit your own website to another website by using these directories. You may submit your website to a variety of categories. They function similarly to phone directories, providing a list of websites in each category.
There are three types of directory submission in SEO, which are as follows:
- 1. Free Directory Submission- In this type of directory submission, you can submit your website to a directory for free.
- Paid Directory Submission- In this type of directory submission, you have to pay a certain amount of money to submit your website to a directory.
- Reciprocal Directory Submission- In this type of directory submission, you have to submit your website to a directory and in return, you have to place a link to that directory on your website.
WHAT ROLE DOES DIRECTORY SUBMISSION PLAY IN SEO?
There are a number of reasons why directory submissions are important in SEO. First, when done correctly, they can help improve your website's visibility and search engine ranking. Additionally, directory submissions can help build links to your website, which can further improve your website's ranking. Finally, directory submissions can also help generate traffic to your website.
These submissions also drive traffic to your website and provide you with high-quality no-follow backlinks. They also aid in raising your page rank simply by constructing authoritative backlinks. When you submit your URL to online directories, you will notice an increase in your website's rating. Building authoritative backlinks boost your page rank.
POINTS TO KEEP IN MIND WHILE DOING DIRECTORY SUBMISSION IN SEO
There are a few things to keep in mind when doing directory submissions for SEO purposes:
- Make sure to choose relevant and high-quality directories. There's no point in submitting to a directory that isn't related to your site or that isn't considered to be a high-quality directory.
- Read the submission guidelines for each directory carefully. This will ensure that you understand the requirements and that you're submitting your site in the correct way.
- Take your time with each submission. Don't just submit your site to the first directory you find. Instead, take the time to find the best directories for your site and carefully fill out each submission form.
- Include all relevant information about your site. When filling out the submission form, be sure to include all relevant information about your sites, such as the URL, title, description, and keywords.
- Check your email after submitting. Once you've submitted your site to a directory, be sure to check your email to confirm the submission. This will ensure that your site has been successfully submitted.
THINGS TO AVOID WITH DIRECTORY SUBMISSION
- Please submit your website to the relevant subcategory.
- Do not submit your website to the incorrect category only for profit.
- Keep in mind not to spam a directory.
- Check that the physical address and blog statistics you offer are correct.
- Avoid sites that request a link back or banner advertising on your site. Badges and sitewide links to directories may lower your site's SEO score.
- So it's best to keep protected.